Since we’ve been looking at the work of the actor we wanted to give you a chance to try
your hand at some of that work. Below you will find a link to a very short play. You are
to read that play and then use your interpretive skills to fill out the Character Biography
Sheet found below. Some advice:
A. You want to base your answers on the play (use the setting and other
information to help you come to logical answers).
B. Some information may have to be invented- not all of the questions will be
directly answered but it is an actor’s job to be specific in the details a normal
person would know about themselves. Feel free to be creative but don’t forget
to use the reality and the FACTS of the play as a basis for your creation. First
facts- then creativity.
C. You will want to offer a short explanation as to why you answered what you
answered. For instance- if you answer question #1 What is your full name? as
Mary Margaret O’Connell- you might include a sentence saying something
like: ONLY MARY’S FIRST NAME IS GIVEN IN THE SCRIPT BUT
SINCE THE PLAY IS SET IN IRELAND I THOUGHT IT PRUDENT TO
GIVE HER A SEEMINGLY IRISH LAST NAME.
THE PLAY CAN BE FOUND AT:
CHARACTER BIOGRAPHY SHEET
(Fill out in the first person, as if you are the character.)
1. What is your full name?
2. What is your age and date of birth?
3. What is your ethnic/cultural heritage?
4. What is your religion/spiritual belief system?
5. What is your marital status?
6. Do you have children? (If so who are they?)
7. What is your occupation?
8. What is your favorite pastime/hobby?
9. Who are you closest to in the play? Why?
10. Who do you not get along with in the play? Why?
11. What is the single most important event in your life?
12. What is your level of education?
13. What is your overall goal in the play?
14. Where do you want to be in five years?
15. What are the events that have led up to the start of the play?
16. Write down ten adjectives that describe you.