HA 1043 Requirement for My favorite event (course syllabus pages 9-10)
F. My Favorite Event (50 points): The meetings, incentives, conventions, and exhibitions (MICE) industry is a segment of the hospitality industry. An event is a portion of the MICE industry, which plays an important role in the hospitality industry. Many of you are familiar with this concept through participating and/or executing the events yourself. Therefore, the purpose of this assignment is for you to apply concepts learned in this class and/or through your actual experience and share your experience with the reader in a written format.
Each student will submit the paper, which contains three parts. The first part (Part A) is for you to answer 13 questions (30 points). The second part (Part B) is a paragraph or paragraphs, with a minimum of 10 sentences(15 points). The third part is to write citations and references in the American Psychological Association (APA) style (5 points).
Part A (30 points): answer these 13 questions. The following is a list of 13 questions for you to answer:
1. What was the name of the event? (1 point)
2. Write 2-3 sentences about the history of that event. Do research to explain the history of that selected event. For example, the history of the wedding, birthday or the Renaissance Fair. Write citation and references in the American Psychological Association (APA) Style. You can email to ask me for help. This part is worth 10 points (content of the history 5 points, citation 2 points and references 3 points).
3. Where was it (location, town or city and state or country)? (1 point)
4. When did the event occur (date, month, and year)? (1 point)
5. How long does or did the event last (how many days or does it last only one day? (1 point)
6. Is this an annual event which happens every year or is it just one time event? (1 point)
7. What was the purpose of the event? (1 point)
8. Who attended this event with you and/or how many people attended the event with you? (1 point)
9. How did you go there (i.e., by car, by plane)? (1 point)
10. How long did it take your to go there (hours, days)? (1 point)
11. Why did you go there? (1 point)
12. How did you feel about this event (describe your feelings)? This can be accomplished by describing why were you excited or why you enjoyed attending this event, or are you going to attend this event again or is this event happened only once in your life time? This must be in 5-6 sentences, in a paragraph format, not in a bullet point. (5 points)
13. Why this event is important to you? This must be in 5-6 sentences, in a paragraph format, not in a bullet point. (5 points)
Part B (15 points): Combine the answers from those 13 questions into a paragraph or paragraphs. You can add more sentences to make the paragraph look better and longer to meet a minimum requirement of 10 sentences.
Part C: Reference(s) (5 points). This is from question 2 Part A (citation and references) and must follow the APA. You can ask the librarian to show you the APA Manual. This part is worth 5 points (citation 2 points and references 3 points). Submit your event via BlackBoard under the “Favorite Event” folder. Due date is Friday November 30 at 11:30 PM. Written example of Part B is available at the “Example of Favorite Event” folder.
Required paper format:
· Provide your name, last name, course name (HA 1043: Introduction to Hospitality Management), and semester (Fall 2018) in the upper right corner of the first page before start typing your answers.
· Type “My Favorite Event” in the middle of the paper.
· No cover page.
· Use Times New Roman 12 font with 1” margin for all four sides
· Use single-spaced, and double-spaced between each paragraph.
· Use page numbering.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more