Write a 750-1000-word paper that summarizes each of the articles, places them within a broader theme or topic, and then compares and contrasts their conclusions and the evidence marshalled in support of these, combining both annotation and synthesis skills.
· Exemplary papers will recognize that that scholarly research is the product of historical inquiry by scholars and include a discussion of the evidence presented by historians and the ways in which methods and evidence are used to support the conclusions drawn.
· The two articles on which each assignment is based should be included in a reference list or bibliography (depending upon the referencing style used) at the end of the assignment, with direct quotations from each paper cited appropriately within the body of the paper.
· In addition to formatting and referencing, marks will also be deducted for errors of syntax, grammar, and spelling.
· Assignments should be in 12-point Times New Roman font, double-spaced, with all pages numbered, and the student’s name and student number appearing on the title page. Both title and reference pages are required.
· The title of the assignment should be: Scholarly Article Comparison: Topic #2
· APA STYLE
GOAL: To compare and contrast two scholarly articles on the history of physical activity, leisure, and sport, with the aim of demonstrating how historical knowledge is constructed by historians who gather and present evidence in support of particular conclusions.