Note: You must complete and receive feedback on this Assignment before moving on to submit Assignment 2.
Use the internet to locate two psychology research articles: a quantitative methods article and a qualitative methods article. These do not need to be on the same topic, but if you have a research topic in mind for your proposal (see Assignment 5), you may wish to pick something similar for this Assignment. Read each article carefully.
Then, in a 2 page Assignment, address the following elements:
- Summarize the research question and hypothesis, the research methods, and the overall findings.
- Compare the research methodologies used in each study. In what ways are the methodologies similar? In what ways are they different? (Be sure to use the technical psychological terms we are studying.)
- Describe the sample and sample size for each study. Which one used a larger sample and why? How were participants selected?
- Describe the data collection process for each study. What methods were used to collect the data? Surveys? Observations? Interviews? Be specific and discuss the instruments or measures fully—what do they measure? How is the test designed?
- Summarize the data analysis process for each study. How was the data analyzed? Were statistics used? Were interviews coded?
- In conclusion, craft 1–2 paragraphs explaining how these two articles illustrate the main differences between quantitative and qualitative research.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your Assignment should be formatted according to APA (6th ed.) style and formatting.
- Length: A typical response will be 2 pages typed and double-spaced pages.
Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.