You are the director of IT at a midsized city in California. The city council has directed all executive staff to present ideas to encourage transparency in government so that citizens can quickly and easily determine the city budget; see where the budget is being spent; and view employee compensation, benefit information, and other general information that might be useful to the public.
- Conduct research to find options that encourage transparency in government.
- Recommend a technology-based solution to accommodate the city council’s request in an executive summary that includes the following information:
- A summary overview of at least three solutions from your research
- A recommendation for a transparency solution that meets the city council’s request
- Supporting information to justify your recommendation
- By Wednesday, May 18, 2016, prepare a 2- to 3-page report. Your report should rely upon at least three sources from professional literature—articles from peer-reviewed journals and relevant textbooks. Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA format); and use accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Save your report in a Microsoft Word document with the name M4_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc and upload it to the M4 Assignment 2 Dropbox.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Provided a summary overview of at least three solutions from your research.||
|Recommended a transparency solution that meets the city council’s request. Justified your recommendation.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Gave all citations in APA format.||