Note: You must complete Assignments 1–4 before beginning Assignment 5.
The final Assignment for this course is the completion of a formal APA-formatted research proposal. You must use the Research Methods Template, which is linked in the Resources. Your proposal should reflect revisions you made based on the feedback you received on Assignments 2 and 3.
Proposals should be approximately 15 pages in length (not including the references and title page), follow APA format, and contain the following elements in the order listed below:
- Title page (not included in 15 page requirement).
- Abstract (120 words or less) (Note that this is a separate page.).
- Introduction: a summary of your proposal and the research questions under study (1 page).
- Literature review (5–6 pages).
- Methods section (4–6 pages) that includes the following subsections:
- Research design selection and rationale (1 page).
- Data analysis plan.
- Discussion of your expected findings (1–2 pages).
- Conclusion (1–2 paragraphs wrapping up the proposal).
- References (not included in 15 page requirement).
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your proposal should be formatted according to APA (6th ed.) style and formatting.
- Length: A typical response will be 15 pages typed and double-spaced pages, not including references and title page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.