During the process of obtaining a new career, one of the first steps is to create a career portfolio. A career portfolio is something that you can provide to potential employers to display your skills, competencies, and samples of completed work. In this assignment, you will create a career portfolio that you can use with potential employers.
For this assignment, you will need to compile an electronic portfolio, using the MicrosoftSway application. The University provides you with Microsoft Office365, which includes the Microsoft Sway application. If you do not have Microsoft Office365 installed on your computer, download and install the software at Office 365 ProPlus & Email Support, or by following the instructions below:
- Click on PhoenixConnect.
- Once on the PhoenixConnect page, click the Communities tab.
- In the search box, type in “Office 365.”
- Click on the Office 365 ProPlus & Email Support community.
- Follow the instructions at the top of the page to “Install Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus.”
- Part 1: Exporting your Sway presentation to a document:
- Click the ellipsis (…) to the right of the Share icon.
- Select Export from the dropdown menu.
- Select Word for the format.
- Review the document for accuracy.
- Part 2: Creating thumbnail link to your Sway presentation:
- Click the Share icon in the top right corner of Sway.
- Under Share your Sway with, choose Anyone with a link.
- Under Invite people to, choose View.
- Click Get visual link.
- Click Copy.
- Paste the thumbnail into the Microsoft Word document of your presentation.
- Save the document for submission.