Beginning sections of a Research Proposal
This week you will draft several sections of your research proposal. This draft should be 3–4 pages in length and include a minimum of five resources (it will be used as the foundation for the entire proposal in unit 9).
Topic List for Unit 8 Research Proposal Topics: Border Protection; Bullying in Schools; Crime Displacement; Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED); Contraband in Prison Community Policing; Date Rape; Domestic Violence; Drug Courts; Drug Use; Drunk Driving Education programs in correctional institutions; Electronic Monitoring Failure to Appear (FTA); Family Court; Gangs; Gun Control; House Arrest; Juvenile Delinquency Mediation Courts; Mentally Ill Offenders; Officer Safety; Police –Citizen Relations Police Officer Training Police Patrols Prison Crowding Prison Escapes Sex Offenders Shop Lifting Speeding Stolen Cars Surveillance Cameras (CCTV)Texting while Driving Use of Force Use of Tasers
Complete the following sections for your research proposal:
- Title page: Follow 6th edition APA formatting and citation style for the title page.
- Introduction: present your topic, a problem statement, and some general information about your topic.
- Review of Literature: Summarize at least five relevant/related research studies relating to your chosen topic.
- Variables: Give a brief description of your independent variable and dependent variable.
- Hypothesis: Provide the specific hypothesis statement which includes the independent and dependent variable.
- References: You must include correctly-formatted APA in-text citations in the body of your proposal, and a matching reference list in appropriate APA form