Biomedical Ethics: Final Paper
Prompt: The final paper will be an application of the ethical principles (and/or other approaches) to a case of your choosing. You will research a biomedical case or issue, and provide an ethical analysis of it. It needs to be a specific case. For example, confidentiality in cases where a physician might have to violate it to prevent harm or something.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $10/Page
- Includes student name, instructor, class name, date.
- Strong and clear thesis statement (“I will argue…”). Thesis claim also appears in conclusion.
- 6 pg. of writing double spaced 12pt font Minimum (not 5.1 pages) not including works cited.
- Correct tone – not informal. All material presented is relevant to your thesis.
- Correct general format (intro, body [several parts], conclusion). Each paragraph of the body has a mini-thesis sentence. Each section of your body paragraphs should lend support to your thesis.
- No Fallacies
- At least two in-text citations of academic philosophy articles from outside the text of the course done correctly. These citations offer supporting evidence for your thesis.
- Includes a counter argument and rebuttal. Has an accurate and charitable possible objection and a well-argued rebuttal section.
- Must use one ethical principle or ethical theory to develop your argument. Shows you know how to apply abstract ethical concepts to concrete examples.
- Argument is clear and convincing (valid argument). All terms used are defined and clearly explained to the reader perhaps through example.
- Must be in MLA format
Formatting the First Page of Your Paper
- Do not make a title page for your paper
- In the upper left-hand corner of the first page, list your name, your instructor’s name, the course, and the date.
- Double space again and center the title. Do not underline, italicize, or place your title in quotation marks; write the title in Title Case (standard capitalization), not in all capital letters.
- Use quotation marks and/or italics when referring to other works in your title, just as you would in your text: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas as Morality Play; Human Weariness in “After Apple Picking”
- Double space between the title and the first line of the text.
- Create a header in the upper right-hand corner that includes your last name, followed by a space with a page number; number all pages consecutively with Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.), one-half inch from the top and flush with the right margin.