Module 4 – SLP
Virtual Stock Exchange Project
Module 4 SLP Assignment
- Sell stock, calculate return, and explain price volatility
Please download the Module 4 SLP Template. You will type your answer into this Excel workbook. When finished with the SLP assignment, please save the document with your last name and submit to the dropbox.
- Sell all of your interest in at least one company that pays a dividend and include the following information in the Excel template:
- Assume you bought the stock mentioned in 1. above at the 52-week low and sold it at the 52-week high. What would the rate of return be for this stock? (Hint: be sure to include the dividend yield).
- Choose the stock with the most price volatility over the project. Attempt to explain why this fluctuation occurred using information about the company, the industry, and/or the macroeconomy.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Answer the assignment questions directly.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions. Do not go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- For computational problems, make sure to show your work and explain your steps.
- For short answer/short essay questions, make sure to reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 11-14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide,” which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC Portal.