Term Paper: Reengineering the Course Enrollment Process
Consider Strayer University’s current process of enrolling for courses through the use of the Web. Suppose that the University has contracted you to reengineer the enrollment process that considers the Web and other modes of input. The expectation is that you will gather information from current system users, analyze the collected data, propose a solution, and provide a requirements document.
Assume that your professor has been tasked by the University to be the stakeholder for the reengineering of the enrollment process. Assume further that you are the analyst that will propose and document the system-as-is and system-to-be. A discussion thread has been setup by your professor so that you will post questions for the professor as the stakeholder for questions pertaining to this project.
Write a ten to fifteen (10-15) page paper in which you:
1. Determine the following from all the stakeholders:
• strategic objectives
• functional services
• environmental assumptions
2. Propose four (4) techniques that you would use to gather information and documents, create diagrams, and document the process as is. Determine which of these techniques you prefer for the enrollment process.
3. Propose how you would model the system behavior to show suggested changes to the current process. Defend why you chose the model that you did to show the suggested changes.
4. Propose how you would:
• perform a risk analysis on the reengineered process.
• identify obstacles to the reengineered process.
• evaluate obstacles to the reengineered process.
5. Create a graphical depiction of the parts of the enrollment process system-as-is and another graphical depiction of the enrollment process system-to-be that you would reengineer using Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
• Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Develop an integrated system model based on a requirements plan that addresses and solves a proposed business problem.
• Describe the techniques and develop a requirements specification document that solves a proposed business problem.
• Describe the process and develop a system behavioral model based on requirements gathered.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in requirements engineering.
• Write clearly and concisely about topics related to Requirements Engineering using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more