Within several units of this course, you have prepared for your course project, which is due in this unit. For your course project, you will be writing a research paper on a domestic terrorist incident that has occurred in the United States. Utilizing the topic you selected in Unit II and the Unit V Annotated Bibliography, write your final research paper.
- Discuss the recruitment and radicalization process of lone wolf terrorists in the domestic United States and abroad using the Internet and social media platforms.
- Explain why terrorists focus on soft targets.
- Analyze the sociological and psychological impacts that these attacks have had on society.
- Include three to five recent topics of domestic or global lone wolf terrorist attacks that have occurred. Provide a full synopsis on these incidents to include the sequence of events and the resiliency and reactionary methods used to respond to the incidents. What lessons were learned after each of these events?
- Offer strategies that can be used to further strengthen the Internet and social media platforms from being used to recruit members, promote propaganda, and radicalize terrorists.
Your final research paper must be a minimum of four pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages. You are required to use a minimum of three outside sources, one of which must be from the CSU Online Library. All sources used, including the textbook, must be cited and referenced according to APA standards.