According to the American Nurses Association (ANA):
Nurses are required to create an ethical environment and culture of civility and kindness, treating colleagues, co-workers, employees, students and others with dignity and respect. Similarly, nurses must be afforded the same level of respect and dignity as others. Thus, the nursing profession will no longer tolerate violence of any kind from any source. (ANA, 2015)
Please make sure your 4-5 page paper includes the following:
- A paragraph or two (2) introducing incivility within the healthcare metaparadigm.
- A few paragraphs identifying how incivility impacts an individual nurses’ ability to use high level clinical judgement. (Think about the emotional factors, stress, and patient care needs, etc.)
- A few paragraphs analyzing and identifying the issues that occur with workplace or clinical site incivility (Think about patient care outcomes, policies and procedures, injuries, etc.)
- A few paragraphs discussing how the workplace or clinical site communication is/was affected due to incivility. (Did patients suffer? Were patient treatments missed?)
- A few paragraphs identifying current initiatives that organizations are implementing to decrease incivility within the workplace or clinical sites (Review relevant information from the ANA, ONA, and/or Joint Commission, your organization’s policies and procedures, etc.)
- Provide a closing or conclusion paragraph that ties the paper together.
- Include two (2) APA Style formatted references and citations. For more information on how to cite and reference in APA Style, visit the APA Resources page at the Hondros Online Library.
- Evaluate spelling, grammar, and make sure the paper is in APA Style format. Use the Sample Hondros College APA Paper as a guide and template..