1) If you had to create five new parole guidelines for today’s offenders, what would they be?
2) Would you allow convicted sex offenders, drug offenders and murderers are eligible for parole? Why or Why not?
3)What factors would be the basis for your release decision?
Give relative example
In the following 1A) Discuss three international criminal groups that have become an increased threat to both human and state security? 1B) Include an example or scenario which describes the illegal and threatening actions of each of the three groups that you discussed in 1A!
Explain the issues/concerns surrounding terrorism and combating ISIS / ISIL? What, if any solution do you believe is in the country’s best interest? Explain your thinking and/or logic why.
Click the tiles in the list below to put the following logical fallacies, taken from the news, in order. Then post your list, explaining your rationale for each one.. Lastly, provide us with an example of one of these, and we’ll guess what type it is.
- “I just realized that if you listen to Carly Fiorina for more than ten minutes straight, you develop a massive headache. She has zero chance!”
- President Trump on immigration: “Democrats want Open Borders, which equals violent crime, drugs and human trafficking. They also want very high taxes, like 90%. Republicans want what’s good for America – the exact opposite!”
- “Gun killings fell by 40 percent after Connecticut passed this law.”
- “My father smoked four packs of cigarettes a day since age fourteen and lived until age sixty-nine. Therefore, smoking really can’t be that bad for you.”
- “Voluntary euthanasia leads to involuntary euthanasia and the killing of people who are thought undesirable.”
- Moderator: “Mr. President, you stated you wanted to keep AK-47s out of the hands of criminals. What has your administration done or their availability.” President Obama: “What can we do to intervene to make sure that young people have opportunity, that our schools are working . . . .”