Instructions: Review and analyze the eating plans presented below. Then, answer the following questions.
|Eating Plan A||Eating Plan B||Eating Plan C|
|Breakfast-1 banana-1 cup skim milk-2 large hardboiled eggsLunch-2 medium slices whole wheat bread-2 oz boneless skinless chicken breast-1 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese-¼ cup raw spinach-1 tsp yellow mustard-1 medium apple with skin-2 tbsp unsalted almond butter-8 oz waterDinner-½ cup whole wheat spaghetti-¼ cup tomato sauce-2 oz homemade turkey meatballs-1 cup romaine lettuce-½ cup cucumber with peel-½ cup tomatoes-2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette-8 oz waterDessert-2 kiwi fruits-½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt||Breakfast-1 cup plain sweetened almond milk-1 banana-1 packet Quaker apples and cinnamon oatmeal (prepared with water)Lunch-2 medium slices whole wheat bread-2 tbsp unsalted almond butter-2 tbsp grape jelly-1 medium apple with skin-16 oz waterDinner-1 whole wheat wrap-¼ cup red onion, ¼ cup red bell pepper, ½ cup zucchini cooked in 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil-2 tbsp hummus-1 medium peachDessert-1 cup pretzels||Breakfast-1 cup whole milk-2 large fried eggs-2 slices pork bacon-1 white English muffinLunch-6 buffalo chicken wings-1 cup French fries-5 small celery sticks-2 tbsp blue cheese dressing-8 oz SpriteDinner-½ cup white spaghetti-¼ cup tomato sauce-2 oz beef meatballsDessert-2 ice cream sandwiches|
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Diet and Disease
- Which eating plan is likely to lead to hypertension and unwanted weight gain?
- Which eating plan provides the most protein?
- Name at least 1 reason why adequate protein intake is important.
- What could be added to Eating Plan C to make it more balanced?
- Which eating plan provides the most fiber?
- Name at least 2 diseases/conditions can be prevented by adequate fiber intake.
- Which eating plan provides the most calcium?
- Name at least 1 condition that adequate calcium intake can help to prevent.
- Which eating plan provides the most vitamin D?
- Besides food sources, where can vitamin D be obtained?
Activity adapted from Cengage Learning.