You have been asked to be a “Change Champion” for your Organization’s new operational process change. You have been a star performer for the organization for several quarters. You understand the current operational processes that have made you and other coworkers successful. However, now there is going to be a new operational change that seemingly is overwhelming as there are more “steps” in the new process. These additional “steps” in the process will save the company money in the long run but will be challenging for the top performers. What are some of the first actions you will take being the Change Champion for this new process?
Watch this video first: Tracey MillerYou can use any video search engine you prefer. Just search Tracey Miller on Greta Van Susteren.
Now watch this video: Sheila JacksonYou can use any video search engine you prefer. Search Greta with Sheila Jackson-Lee: “You’re not listening – Again!”
Answer the following questions:
- How did you think the woman with cancer, Tracey Miller, perceived herself?
- How do you think the representative, Sheila Jackson-Lee, perceived herself?
- Did self-perception have an effect on each person’s listening skills?
- Critique the interpersonal communication from one of the clips based on self-concept and recommend appropriate communication behavior for one of the participants.
- Create a plan, which you would use to talk to either Tracey Miller, or Sheila Jackson-Lee that will help them with their listening skills.
- Examine and evaluate at least 1 other students plan for Tracey Miller or Sheila Jackson-Lee and provide feedback