1) Do we need the death penalty to satisfy our need for revenge?
2) Is it possible for society to give up the death penalty? Give a relative example!
Discuss the role of symbols and structures in regard to terrorism. Why does White say that symbols are important? Do you agree or disagree?
This week you will be completing the final pages of your Advocacy Paper. Reflecting on the process of identifying, researching, drafting, and revising your chosen topic, respond to the following questions:
- What are the strengths of this work? Weaknesses?
- What would you work on more if you had additional time?
- What do you know about this form of writing that you did not know at the beginning of the semester?
- Looking at (or thinking about) an earlier piece of similar work, how does this new piece of work compare? How is it better or worse? Where do you see progress or improvement?
- How did you get “stuck” working on this task? How did you get “unstuck”?
- One skill I could not perform very well but now I can is ….
- From reviewing this piece I learned ….