Journal Critique Assignment Instructions
During this course, you will complete 3 article critiques (see chart below). For each critique, select an article from a professional journal. It is appropriate for you to utilize research journalsin your particular field where possible. It is also appropriate for you to use articles that may be used in the Research Paper that is due in Module 7: Week 7 of this course. All articles must be current (published no more than 5 years ago).
Each critique should have three main sections: 1) an introduction that gives an overview of the article content with a clear thesis sentence; 2) a critical analysis section that includes discussion of the author’s key points and of the research methodology; and 3) a conclusion that includes a personal application and a clear concluding sentence. The submission should be at least 750 words in length. All submissions must use the Journal Critique Template and follow current APA style. No abstract is required, but a title page and references list are required.
|Module: Week||Journal Critique Topic||Journal Critique Topic Description|
|Module 3: Week 3||Public School Issue||Select an article that addresses an issue related to your research topic that impacts public schools.|
|Module 5: Week 5||Private School Issue||Select an article that addresses an issue related to your research topic that impacts private schools.|
|Module 6: Week 6||Student Choice||Select an article that addresses an issue related to your research topic that impacts either public or private schools.|
- The article critique should be at least 750 words in length. This does not include the required title page or the required references list. An abstract is not required
- Please follow current APA style.
- The critical analysis section should discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the research methodology, the validity of the assertions by the author(s), and the credibility of the author(s).
- In addition to the selected article, there should be at least one additional source that provides support for the assertions made in the critical analysis section.
- Acceptable sources for the articles include scholarly, professional journals. The articles must have been published within the last five years.
Please utilize the template provided for this assignment. Each section of the template includes the specific required components of each section. In the first section, the introduction, you should include a 2-3 sentence introduction to and overview of the article with a clear thesis sentence that reveals your purpose for the critique. This section should also include a summary that provides a description the methodology and of the findings of the research. This first section (introduction and summary) should be a minimum of 2 paragraphs of at least 5 sentences each. The next section, the critical analysis, should be comprised of at least 3 paragraphs of at least 5 sentences each. This section should address the credibility of author(s) by describing the professional accomplishments of the author(s) and the main logic of the article. The limitations and strengths of the research methodology should also be included in this section. At least one additional source to support your ideas should be cited in this section. Finally, the conclusion should be at least one paragraph of at least 5 sentences. You should summarize your insight into the article based on your professional experience and include a clear concluding sentence.