After reading the assigned essays in The Digital Divide, construct an argument about the extent to which you think one aspect of technology (the Internet, A.I., public cell phone use, social media, etc.) effects our humanity. You will then construct a 1000-word position paper. Your goal is to persuade your reader to see your side.
To write this assignment, you must find a clear focus about your topic (do not try to write about all of technology, instead find an element that interests you to explore, and one that offers enough complexity to merit rhetorical situation—Is there a need now to argue this? Why? Who is most affected? What is the context of the situation from your perspective?). Remember that your perspective (as a student, a “Digital Native” and an international resident) adds texture to this argument.
Your stance. Know that I do not need you to pick one side. ivert liek It is fine to argue the complexity of the conversation.
For example: While cell phone use makes it easier to stay connected to the people we love at home, when we have our faces buried in our phones, we fail to have conversations with the people in front of us, leaving international students feeling more isolated.
However, it is important that you take a stance that you can argue (and prove with rational proof) in this project, remembering the elements of rhetorical situation must be present for this to be an adequate topic. If you need a refresher on this, see the two added interpretations of Bitzer’s essay on Canvas. can i buy ivermectin over the counter in the philippines
Constructing your argument:
As you did in your internet and humanity posts, I’d like to see this project address both sides of the conversation, ultimately proving your stance with specific textual examples as well as your experience and observations. For each side of the conversation, you should use at least one source (cited correctly), which you analyze to relate to your main argument.
● Your ideas should all support your central argument
● Your goal is to try and persuade people to see your side.
● Your ideas should be organized, with each paragraph having a clear topic sentence, supporting evidence, analysis and a transitional link to the next idea. ivermectin for rabbits dosage Do not drop a quote into a paragraph without analyzing how it relates back to your main idea.
● I expect you to proofread your ideas for grammar and spelling errors.
● For the paper, you can use either APA or MLA format.
● For this assignment, you should not write more than 1000-words total.