EVIDENCE-BASED NURSING PRACTICE PROJECT.
Complete an EVIDENCE-BASED NURSING PRACTICE PROJECT.
To enable the student to use medical and nursing databases to find research articles that will provide evidence to validate nursing interventions regarding a specific area of nursing practice.
- Select a topic from the list below.
- Select five research articles from the databases on your topic.
- Determine if a national guideline or evidence-based systematic review has been completed on your topic.
- Answer the following questions regarding your research articles using APA format.
- Identify the article that best supports nursing interventions for your topic.
- Discuss how the other four articles either support or refute the findings of the research article identified above.
- Of the five research articles, identify which article has developed the best research design. Explain.
- Of the five research articles, identify which article has most clearly developed the purpose or problem statement. Explain.
- Of the five research articles, identify which article has the best sample size for their research problem. Explain.
- Of the five research articles, identify which article has made the best and most accurate conclusions from their findings. Explain.
- Compare your analysis of the five articles with the national guidelines and/or evidence-based systematic review. Explain if your analysis is similar or different from the national guidelines and/or evidence-based systematic review.
- Use APA format.
- Assignment should be 1000-1250 words in length
- Typed: 12-point font.
- Include all five articles with paper.
TOPICS FOR EVIDENCE-BASED NURSING PRACTICE PROJECT
- Oral care
- Pain management
- IV catheter dwell time
- Medication administration
- Preoperative teaching
- Postoperative complications
- Deep breathing and coughing postoperatively
- Foley catheters
- Automated vital signs
- Hand washing
- Home births
- Heparin versus saline for catheter flush
- Methods of blood collection in neonates
- Preoperative fasting
- Handling of medication errors
- Prevention of needle sticks
- Lactation methods
- Preoperative skin prep
- Massage therapy for pain management
- Prevention of pressure ulcers
- TED hose versus SCDs
- Effectiveness of gloving
- Relaxation therapy for hypertension
- Neonatal circumcision
- Transdermal fentanyl
- Transmission of postsurgical infections
- Cesarean sections
- Postpartum depression
- Labor pains and position
- Music therapy for pain management
- Testing feeding tube placement
- Noninvasive methods for reduction of labor pains
- Topical anesthetics for IV insertion
- Prevention of constipation
- Management of wounds
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Therapeutic touch Alcohol hand sanitizers
- Discharge information for surgical patients
- Prophylaxis for postoperative DVT
- Miscarriage interventions