Your Future as a Manager, with Executive Summary of Class and Collaboration Skills
As you begin this assignment, review the broad range of topics presented throughout the course related to marketing for competitiveness.
For this Individual Reflection, select concepts or topics that resonated with you during this course and commit to learning more about them. To bring this commitment to life, identify concrete action items that will support your goal to deepen your personal learning experience in the coming year. Then, consider the following:
– What can you do now to integrate the experiences and insights you had in this course with your personal and professional development goals?
– What are the most important things you are taking from this course that will shape your future and enable you to make a positive difference?
Submit the following components as one document:
Executive Summary: Write an executive summary of the course (2–3 paragraphs) that addresses the following questions:
– Which content and assignments in this course improved your understanding of marketing for competiveness within your organization (or one with which you are familiar)?
– What impact has your improved understanding had or do you anticipate it will have on the value you will bring to your role within an organization?
– How have the content and assignments changed the way you think of the role of marketing within the organization?
– How have the content and assignments shaped your goals now, and how do you anticipate they will shape your goals in the future?
Personal Brand: In this course, we have considered the four key components of marketing (4 Ps). Now, it is time for you to apply one of the concepts—promotion—to yourself. In this week’s resources, you read about how important it is to have a personal brand, especially considering your online presence. Within the promotion component, you examined branding, and now it is time to establish a personal branding goal.
– Describe what you want your personal brand to be. In the next step, you develop an action plan for creating or enhancing your personal brand.
– Provide at least one clear example of an experience in this course that has helped, or may help, you move toward embodying the personal brand desired.
– How do your values and ethics integrate with your personal brand?
Action Plan: Write a detailed action plan for one new goal for professional and personal development. (You will continue to build on the list of goals you started in your previous course). Include the following in your action plan:
– Your specific goal for professional and personal development with an explanation as to why you selected the goal. Be sure to provide concrete and specific examples of why the goal is important, the personal or professional value you expect from achieving each goal, and how the goal relates to the resources you reviewed in the course.
– At least two objectives for the goal you have identified. Provide a rationale that explains how your objectives support the goal. Then, develop your action plan/goal to relate to your personal brand.
General Guidance on Assignment Length:
This assignment should be comprised of the following:
Executive Summary: Typically 2–3 paragraphs in length and no more than 1 page if single spaced
Personal brand: 1–2 paragraphs
Action plan: Typically 1 to 2 pages (0.5 to 1 page if single spaced)