The purpose of this assignment is to help you become familiar with examining transactions and how it affects the balance sheet.
Resources: Financial Accounting: Tools for Business Decision Making
Write a minimum 150-word response to each of the following scenarios from Exercise E3-1 in Financial Accounting (p. 132) describing the effect of each transaction on assets, liabilities, and stockholder’s equity:
- Selected transactions for Thyme Advertising Company, Inc.
- Issued common stock to investors in exchange for cash received from investors.
- Paid monthly rent.
- Received cash from customers when service was performed.
- Billed customers for services performed.
- Paid dividend to stockholders.
- Incurred advertising expense on account.
- Received cash from customers billed in (4).
- Purchased additional equipment for cash.
- Purchased equipment on account.
Use the Excel® spreadsheet to record your answers and submit with your responses.