Read Chapter 10 and answer the following questions:
1. What does the National Council for the Social Studies strands Standard X, Civic Ideals and Practices state?
2. What does the National Council for the Social Studies strands Standard VI, Power, Authority and Governance state?
3. List and explain the eight (8) basic democratic values.
4. List the four (4) participation skills children should be involved in by the end of grade four.
5. List three (3) suggestions for a curriculum framework that links democratic knowledge with civic action.
6. How should political concepts be introduced to child? Give specific examples.
7. List five (5) conclusions based on research on children’s political learning.
8. List four (4) steps teachers can use to help children learn the concepts of voting and majority rule.
9. List five (5) specific suggestions for allowing children to vote and then following the will of the majority.
10. List three (3) suggestions for making the idea of voting as concrete as possible.
11. Explain how children understand each of the following symbols of democratic government: the president; the flag; the Pledge of Allegiance.
12. What is involved in ownership of and responsibility for democracy?
13. How can you develop pride in the school and the community?
14. How can you develop pride in our nation?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more