Use the communitycrimemap.com website at http://communitycrimemap.com/ to find data, analytics, and metadata for a specific community or jurisdiction. Use the filters on the left side of the map to narrow or expand your search.
In a 1,000-1,250-word paper, complete the following:
- Describe the data that you found.
- Identify any trends over a period of time. For example burglaries by 13-18-year-old teens over a 5-year period in a specific jurisdiction, neighborhood, or community.
- Describe a problem that you want to address through a community violence initiative.
- Use theories of criminality to describe how the initiative will reduce violence and improve the quality of life within the community.
- Use two to three additional resources that support the need for addressing the problem through a community violence initiative.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies and professional standards:
MS in Criminal Justice with an Emphasis in Law Enforcement
MS in Criminal Justice with an Emphasis in Legal Studies
2.1: Apply the correlates of criminal behavior and theories of criminality to crime prevention initiatives.