Instructions: Personal Philosophy of Nursing
InstructionsPersonal Philosophy of Nursing
In a Microsoft Word document of 5-6 pages formatted in APA 7th edition style, describe your personal approach to professional nursing practice. Be sure to address each one of the following criteria:
- Which philosophy/conceptual framework/theory/middle-range theory describes nursing in the way you think about it?
- Discuss how you could utilize the philosophy/conceptual framework/theory/middle-range theory to organize your thoughts for critical thinking and decision making in nursing practice.
- Formulate and discuss your personal definition of nursing, person, health, and environment.
- Discuss a minimum of two beliefs and/or values about nursing that guide your own practice.
- Analyze your communication style using one of the tools presented in the course.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses associated with your style of communication.
- Impact of your communication style on your ability to collaborate as part of an interdisciplinary team.
APA 7th edition include : separate introduction page, separate conclusion and reference page. These pages are NOT included in the writing requirements !!!!
Book for citing / referencing : Black, B. P. (2020). Professional nursing: Concepts & challenges (9th ed.). Saunders. ISBN: 9780323551137.
- Nurses, Patients, and Families: Caring at the Intersection of Health, Illness, and Culture
- Conceptual and Philosophical Foundations of Professional Nursing Practice
- Nursing Theory: The Basis for Professional Nursing