Module 4 – Case
MARKET SELECTION AND FOREIGN ENTRY MODE
Intellectual Property Rights Violations are a serious problem for U.S. companies doing business abroad. The U.S. Government’s Export Portal, export.gov, contains information on Help with Trade Problems. Research the dangers of these violations and how they adversely affect exporters. Global marketers can avoid legal conflicts by understanding the reasons conflicts arise in the first place.
- Using the resources and links from the site above, discuss what can be done to protect businesses. Specifically, discuss the role of technology in protecting intellectual property rights of a business. (2 pages)
Research using articles primarily from Trident Library’s full-text databases like (Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete and/or ProQuest Central). Government sources shared earlier the course may also be helpful.
- Identify and describe two legal issues that relate to global commerce.
- Describe two sources of political risk. Specifically, what forms can political risk take?
Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite and reference your sources in APA format. Your paper should be written in the third person; this means words like “I,” “we,” and “you” are not appropriate. For more information, see Differences Between First and Third Person. NOTE: failure to use the specific, required research with accompanying citations will result in reduced scoring (no higher than 75%) for all components of the grading rubric.
Use the attached APA-formatted template (BUS401 Case4) to create your submission.
Your submission will include:
- Trident University International’s cover page
- A 4-page paper with APA citations (2- or 3-sentence introduction, 4-page body, 2- or 3-sentence conclusion)