Remember to submit your work as a single Microsoft Word (.docx) or Open Office document (.odt) following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Reflect back on the three learning goals you set for yourself in Module 1. Did you meet them? Why or why not? How was the course different from what you expected?
- Next, review the course syllabus. Reflect on how you have met each of the course goals, and how these have led you to achievement of the program outcome(s), university goal(s), and professional standards for this course. Please directly speak to your achievement of each course goal. Then, discuss how you have met the program outcome(s), university goal(s), and professional standards assigned to this course.
- Finally, demonstrate how this course has led you to successful achievement of the professional standards tied to the course.
Combine these two sections into one APA formatted self-reflection essay of 1500 to 2000 words.
University Mission Goals: nursing
- Exhibits self-directed learning that demonstrates professional behavior and ethics
- Exhibits a self-awareness of professional behavior through leadership and advocacy
- Demonstrates professional performance through research by using evidence-based practice
- Research and Evidence-Based Practice: Use research findings and other evidence in designing, implementing, and evaluating care that is multidimensional, high quality, cost-effective and leads to improved patient outcomes
- Leadership/Advocacy: Work within organizational and community arenas to promote high quality patient care through organizational and systems leadership, quality improvement, and safety
- Develop an understanding of the foundational theories and conceptual frameworks of the profession of nursing from a gender and multicultural perspective.
- Compare and contrast how concepts of person, health, nursing and environment are defined from a variety of theoretical perspectives.
- Explore the impact of nursing theories on current practice, education, research, and leadership
- Demonstrate critical thinking and creativity in the application of theoretical frameworks and models to professional nursing roles.
- Describe methods to evaluate nursing concepts, models, and theories for use in nursing practice.
- Articulate their own philosophical base for nursing practice, including the knowledge, values, beliefs, standards and ethical principles that influence their practice.
- Develop an appreciation of different types of reasoning.
- Articulate the application of reasoning in nursing practice.
AACN Baccalaureate Essentials:
- Scholarship for evidence-based practice
- Baccalaureate generalist nursing practice
IOM Core Competencies:
- Patient-centered care
- Evidence-based practice
- Quality improvement
- Please choose one assignment that you feel best represents your learning in this course. Please review the feedback you received on this assignment in the GradeMark document and make revisions as necessary. Then, resubmit it along with your self-reflection essay into the Module 10 dropbox. These can be submitted as two files.
Please submit both files (self-reflection essay and artifact) into the drop box for Module 10.