Psychiatric Nursing: Contemporary Practice
1. What is your overall perception of working with those who are experiencing or are diagnosed with mental illness? (thoughts, feelings, anxieties)
2. How do you think this perception could affect your ability to care for persons?
3. What do you hope to accomplish during the course of this semester to improve your understanding of psychiatric nursing and working with patients with mental illness?
· Read the article Reducing the Stigma of Mental Illness: https://www.cambridge.org/core/services/aop-cambridge-core/content/view/261AB4B0FCF056F137883350AF1133BF/S205442511600011Xa.pdf/div-class-title-reducing-the-stigma-of-mental-illness-div.pdf
4. How would you define stigma after reading this article?
5. Discuss three concepts from the article which could be helpful in reducing stigma that you, as a nurse, could use in practice when caring for patients with mental illness.
6. This question is OPTIONAL: Discuss any immediate or extended family mental illness (do not share names), if known, what is the diagnosis? What is your involvement with that individual?
Guidelines for this paper:
· Please compose a 1-3 page paper using the questions to formulate headings to demonstrate that you are addressing each question. For example, the first heading might be “Overall Perception of Patients with Mental Illness”
· APA format is required
· Submit your paper to the dropbox in Canvas by Sunday, 05/10/20, at 11:59pm.
· The late policy will apply to all papers submitted after the due date/time. Please see the BSN program manual for more information on the late policy.
· This assignment is worth 25 points.
· Please review instructions and rubric carefully before submitting your assignment.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more