After thoroughly reading pages 408-411 in the textbook, access the Standard Operating Procedures manual of the Albuquerque Police department from the Police Manuals website: https://policemanuals.neocities.org/
You will be creating an administrative monthly crime analysis product for pattern accountability.
You will be creating a presentation of this crime analysis product that would be used by a police chief to address any discrepancies in crime control. Your presentation should be 12-15 slides. Be sure to include the following in your presentation:
- A table that reflects crime data from previous crime bulletins; create a bar chart comparing the crime across each of the six month periods, e.g., Jan 2016-(Red), Jan 2017 (Blue). Include stats and patterns of one crime, e.g., burglary, assault. Use crime bulletins already created for the Albuquerque police department. https://www.cabq.gov/police/internal-reports/monthly-reports
- Create a trend report, looking for repeat patterns and long-term problems (based on the 6 months of reports – see above). Include a trend line for each period and the percentage change from January to June. https://www.cabq.gov/police/internal-reports/monthly-reports
- Include an analysis that explains the increase and decrease in crime based on the time of the year. Determine if current crime reduction techniques are working or if something else needs to be done.
- Include in your presentation, the crime analysis reduction goals, and what resources are needed to address those goals.
- Evaluate the Albuquerque PD policies and procedures in addressing and directing resources for the crime you have selected https://www.cabq.gov/police/standard-operating-procedures/standard-operating-procedures-manual. From your evaluation, make recommendations for changes to the policies and procedures to assist in the implementation of the administrative strategic plan to best address community needs. ( 5.2)
Title slide and reference slide are not included in the slide count. Include speaker notes below each content-related slide that represent what would be said if giving the presentation in person. Expand upon the information included in the slide and do not simply restate it. Please ensure the speaker notes include a minimum of 25 words.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
Be sure to cite three to five relevant scholarly sources in support of your content. Use only sources provided in resources, found in the GCU Library, or government websites.