The final project in this course will expose you to a problem situation and task you with how it should be solved. You will imagine you are employed at a criminal justice organization facing a communal problem. Your superior at the organization has asked you to review the problem situation and offer your recommendations. You will be given the chance to evaluate the situation and develop suggestions that will inform development of strategies to address the issue using appropriate ethical and transparent leadership and communication skills.
The main purpose of this third milestone of your project is for you to work on your analysis of ethics. You will analyze your selected case study for the ethics that were used to address the problem. You will evaluate how leadership addressed the problem and whether they used ethical decision-making.
Prompt: Using your selected case study, complete the following critical elements for the assignment:
- Determine the ethicality of leadership’s decision making in their attempts to address the problem. Be sure to justify your response and support your response with appropriate research from the field gathered in your previous review.
- Evaluate the transparency of the organization in regard to public communications. Be sure to justify your response. For example, are systems in place to communicate with the public? Has the organization been readily available and willing to provide the community with information regarding the problem?
- Evaluate how leadership of the organization considered the ethical concerns of the community in addressing the problem. Be sure to justify your response. For example, how were the concerns of internal and external stakeholders considered?
- Determine how the ethical decisions of leadership may impact the performance of employees in addressing the problem. How might these decisions improve employees’ ability to address the problem? How might they hinder their ability to address the problem?
- Determine how the ethical decisions of leadership may impact the culture of the organization. For example, what if employees do not agree with the decisions?
- Explain the overall implications of the ethical decision-making of leadership and how that affects the organization and community. Be sure to justify your response, and support your response with appropriate research from the field gathered in your previous review.
Guidelines for Submission: Your submission should be 2–3 pages, 12 point Times New Roman font, double-spaced, and follow APA formatting.