Quantitative Article Analysis Assignment Instructions
Choose 1 quantitative article and compose a 3-page review (not including the reference page in the count). Your review must include 2 sections (using Level 1 headings in current APA): (1) a summary of the article and (2) a critical analysis of the article. All articles must be of studies conducted and published in the United States or Canada within the past 5 years.
Your summary must include:
- The purpose of the study;
- A description of participants/sample;
- The research design (experimental, quasi-experimental, correlational, regression, etc.);
- The method of data collection (survey, test, questionnaire, etc.);
- A statistical analysis (t-test, analysis of variance (ANOVA) analysis of covariance (ANCOVA), chi square, Pearson product moment correlation, Spearman rho, etc.); and
- The results.
Your analysis must include:
- Opportunities for further research not already stated in the article,
- Threats to validity or rival hypotheses not already discussed,
- Other original insight or criticism, and
- Implications of the findings.
See your textbook if you need more help evaluating your article. Remember to include a reference page. All citations and references must be in current APA format.
NOTE: If the article you selected does not identify how the data was statistically analyzed (e.g., t-test, ANOVA, ANCOVA etc.), it is likely that this article is either not a quantitative study or not an actual research report but a summary of a study, in which case you must select another article.