Reentry Programs Assignment Content
Over the last 4 weeks you have learned about the correctional system, how it functions, and the various populations that it serves. The goal of corrections is not to keep people incarcerated but to rehabilitate offenders and help them reintegrate into society. This week you will focus on reentry and community corrections programs.
Imagine you work for a community corrections agency and you are investigating new program opportunities to partner with. You have been asked to present your findings in your team meeting.
Research community correction programs and parole/probation in your state.
Create an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Define community corrections.
- Identify at least 2 community corrections programs available in your state.
- Compare the need each program is meant to address as well as the population each is meant to serve.
- Explain how each program works.
- Describe the requirements to enter and remain in each program.
- Explain which program you feel is most effective and why. Provide support for your argument.