- Course Text: Diversity in Early Care and Education
- Review Chapter 1, “Perceiving and Responding to Differences”
- Chapter 2, “Communicating across Cultures”
- Chapter 3, “Working with Diversity Issues”
- Course Text: How Culture Shapes Social-Emotional Development
- Review the bullet points on pp. 5–6
- Read pp. 16–24, “The Process of Cultural Reciprocity” and “Conclusion”
- Article: Bruno, H. E. (2003). Hearing parents in every language: An invitation to ECE professionals. Child Care Information Exchange, 153, 58–60.
Used by permission.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $10/Page
- Book: Barrera, I., Corso, R. M., & Macpherson, D. (2003). Skilled dialogue: Strategies for responding to cultural diversity in early childhood. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes.
Throughout this course, you have learned about the influence of culture in individuals’ lives and the importance of being sensitive to cultural differences when working with infants/toddlers and their families.
Write a reflection that addresses the following points:
Based on your experiences in this course, respond to the following quotation and explain how it relates to the opportunities inherent in the role of an infant/toddler professional: “I see a progression of attitudes toward cultural differences from awareness, tolerance, and acceptance to respect and appreciation. Beyond that lies celebration, support, and finally, using differences as resources to expand and enrich your own life” (Gonzalez-Mena, 2008, p. 41).
In what ways has your attention toward the influence of culture grown as you have progressed through this course? Have you noticed yourself having new insights or considering different perspectives when you have observed infants and toddlers in your daily life? What ideas or questions do you now have about working with families in a culturally responsive manner?
Assignment length: 1 page
Requirments : 12 font double space ,apa format, cites references, please follow directions as implied. Assignmnt must be essay formation including all the informationas directed.that need to incuded inassignment