Write a character analysis based on ONE of the following six films:
· Philadelphia (1993)
· Barbershop (2002)
· The Village (2004)
· The Color Purple (1985)
· Amélie (2001)
· My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)
Answer the following questions about the characters in your narrative. Please concentrate on analyzing the character(s), rather than reiterating the plot line.
1. Describe the specific assumptions or beliefs the characters have in the beginning of the film. Why do they hold these assumptions/beliefs?
2. What do they learn about other people or about the world that challenges their long held beliefs? Describe an incident (or series of incidents) that causes a revelation to the character(s).
3. How do the goals or desires of the characters change by the end of the film?
4. In your view, describe the learning/reflective concept from the course readings that best represents the developmental process of a major character.
5. Which character in the film did you most identify with (in terms of how his/her attitude or assumptions changed)? Why?