1. According to the United Nations, Rule of law is the legal and political frame work under which all persons and institutions, including the government itself is accountable. Laws should be publicly promulgated, equally enforced, and independently adjudicated, and be consistent with international human rights norms and standards (“Rule of law. United Nations Peacekeeping,” n.d.).
2. Rule by law means rule by any law which is laid down by the supreme law making authority. One is not concerned about what the law is or its purpose. This type of system is usually found in a dictatorship or a true monarchy state (Verma, 2015).
3. Both Japan and South Africa fall under the Rule by Law form of government (Terrill, 2012).
4. According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, a Republic form of government is a government in which a state is ruled by representitives of the citizen body. It may also describe a form of government in which the head of state is not a hereditary monarchy (“republic | government | Britannica. com,” 2015.).
5. Dictionary.com defines a democratic government as a government by the people. It is a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system (“Democracy | Define Democracy at Dictionary.com,” n.d.).
6. The United States is a democratic republic, because of our freely elected representatives, and our elected head of state. I think the form of government we have in this country is the best. Although I disagree with the electoral system of our elections, I still think this is the best form of government to live under.
ANWSER THIS IN YOUR OWN WORDS 80 WORDS OR MORE
1. The Rule of Law is a principle that no one is above the law. Its the principle that all government institutions and citizens are subject to and accountable to the law that is fairly applied and enforced ( Rule of Law, n.d.).
2. The Rule by Law is the principle that is only applied to the citizens and does not apply to the government itself. It means to rule by any law which is laid down by the Supreme law making authority of that country. Under Rule by Law, there are no concern about the law or its purpose ( Verma,2015).
3. Both Japan and South Africa are Rule of Law countries (Terrill,2015).
4. A Republic government is a form of government which the supreme power rests in the body of the citizens entitled to vote who in turn exercise their power through elected representatives of the citizen body.
5. A Democratic Government is a form of government in which the sovereign power is exercised by the people or elected representatives ( Democratic Government, n.d.).
6. The United States is a Republic/Democratic government. This form of government is the one that I prefer.
REPLY TO THIS IN YOUR OWN WORDS 80 WORDS OR MORE