Research one type of chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear
In this unit, we learned about terrorism and the history of weapons of mass destruction (WMDs). Your assignment for this unit is to research one type of chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, or explosive (CBRNE) weapon that was developed and used as a WMD prior to World War II. In your paper, be sure to discuss the topics listed below.
- Give an in-depth description of the device and how it was used.
- Examine what technological advancements led to the development of the WMD.
- Discuss how the WMD was used and what the impacts were on society.
- Was the device used in a time of war? Was it used by what we would consider as a terrorist group today? Discuss the political ramifications of the use of the WMD.
- Following the use of the WMD, were any laws enacted to regulate the use of the device?
- Describe any overall changes in warfare associated with the WMD.
Your completed assignment should be at least two pages in length and utilize at least three outside sources, one of which must come from the CSU Online Library. The tutorial How to Research Homeland Security Topics in the CSU Library has great information to help you with researching the library. Adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment.