Key Terms of the Research Process 2
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply the critical concepts and principles of applied business research.
- Define key research terms in complete sentences of no more than 25 words.
- Competency 7: Analyze different approaches to the creation of literature reviews that support applied business research.
- Refer to academic source using APA-formatted in-text citation.
- Paraphrase definitions proposed by other authors.
- Create an APA-formatted reference page.
- Write in standard American English appropriate for audience using correct grammar and current APA format.
Provide an original definition for each of the 19 terms listed below. (Use the Key Terms of the Research Process 2 Worksheet located in the Resources to complete this assignment.)
- Write each definition in complete sentences, using fewer than 25 words.
- Include an in-text citation with the page or paragraph specification to the course text and a Capella University source (such as the DBA Learner Handbook), a peer review, or a seminal source.
- Use paraphrasing (with citation) in your definitions but do not use quotes. At the end of the work, provide a complete APA-formatted reference page of all sources.
- Archival data.
- Belmont Report.
- Collaborative Institution Training Initiative (CITI).
- Conflict of interest.
- Data collection.
- Data destruction.
- Data security.
- DBA Learner Handbook.
- Field test.
- Informed consent.
- Instrument permission.
- IRB A-Z Handbook.
- Literature Review or Review of the Literature.
- Pilot test.
- Scientific Merit Review (SMR).
- Sensitive topics.
- Site permission.
Refer to the Key Terms of the Research Process 2 Scoring Guide to ensure you meet the grading criteria.
To achieve a successful experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written Communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message, follows standard American English usage, and uses language appropriate for the intended business and scholarly doctoral audiences.
- APA Formatting: Definitions are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length: Each definition cannot be longer than 25 words.
- Due Date: Sunday by midnight (Central time zone).
- Submission Instructions: Attach document in Microsoft Word format and upload to this assignment area. In the Submission text box, enter any brief questions or comments related to your completed assignment.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click on the linked resources for helpful writing information.