- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Conduct disorder
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Kleptomania or pyromania
Provide the following details about the disorder:
- What are some of the symptoms?
- What would this disorder look like in person? Make sure you relate this back to the DSM criteria.
- Based on your research, do you think the media has portrayed the disorder you selected in an unbiased manner, or is it sensationalized?
In the DSM-IV; Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Kleptomania, and Pyromania were spread out over a few chapters.
- Why do you think the DSM-5 has placed Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Kleptomania, and Pyromania into a chapter called Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders? Support your answer with research.
Provide 1-2 sources (other than your textbook) cited in APA style to support your answer.