Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
- Length: At least 1500 words (6 double-spaced pages); answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner. Each topic should be discussed in your essay.
- Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. The title page and the reference page are not counted toward the required word count. Be sure to answer all questions. There should be clear headings in your paper that show each section you are addressing.
- References: As used, include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions.
- Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Open Office (.odt) or rich text format (.rtf) file type.
- Submission: Submit your assignment to the DropBox
- Classify three of the most important laws as they apply to healthcare (why do you say those three are the most important?).
- Describe malpractice, defenses to malpractice, and the different types of malpractice insurance policies.
- Outline the physician’s public duties.
- List ways in which administrative medical assistants can help maintain patient confidentiality.
- Describe both verbal and nonverbal communication and how each can be used most effectively.
- List and explain at least two important listening skills.
- Describe several techniques for communicating effectively with distressed patients.
- List ways to adapt communication skills to patients from different cultures.
- Detail the process of proofreading a business letter.
- Describe appropriate memo use in the medical office.