Strategic Planning and Budgeting
Imagine you are considering the possibility of operating a small business or practice related to health care, either as a provider of some sort of care or as a service intended to support various provider organizations in their care-delivery activities.
- Describe the kind of entity you plan to establish by stating the service or services you propose to deliver and the kinds of clients or customers you would be serving.
- Write a few sentences offering compelling reasons for your proposed venture, explaining why you believe it is needed and by whom it is needed. Also discuss any competition you foresee.
- Develop an estimate of how much money you will require to become established in business, and state how you would finance your venture. Also discuss your plans for maintaining your budget.
- Create a mission or vision statement for your organization.
- Required Resources
- Management principles for health professionals (6th ed.):
- Chapter 7: Budgeting: Controlling the Ultimate Resource
- Chapter 8: The Middle Manager and Documentation of Critical Management Process
- Chapter 9: Committees and Teams
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay onStrategic Planning and Budgeting
- Caulfield, S. E. (2007). Health care facility ethics committees. Human Rights, 34(4), 10-13. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
- Leid, T. R. (2001). Small hospitals and performance measurement: Implications and strategies. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 14(4/5), 168-173. Retrieved from the ProQuest database.
- Loucks, C., & Bennett, R. (2011). The importance of committee assignment: Health care industry political action committee contributions and the House of Representatives. Contemporary Economic Policy, 29(2), 163-177. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.