For this assignment, you will conduct a quantitative analysis by preparing a survey questionnaire with 25 close-ended questions for determining respondents’ attitudes toward crime or the fear of crime.
In an appendix to the survey, explain the quantitative method selected for delivering your survey and defend your choice and wording of questions. In Week 5 you will use this information to describe your qualitative approach to continue your research topic in the future.
Be sure to include demographic questions (age, gender, race, employment status, geographical location, etc.) for your respondents. Demographic questions do not count towards the 25 required questions you will develop pertaining to fear of crime.
Document your quantitative analysis by completing the following steps:
- Conduct your survey among five respondents for determining their attitudes toward crime or the fear of crime.
- You do not need to select your respondents randomly; you can use a convenience sample comprised of family, friends, or coworkers.
- You also need to submit your 25 questions as part of your assignment.
- Enter your survey data into a Minitab spreadsheet. Present your Minitab spreadsheet as a table in a Microsoft Word document.
- Write your findings for the data gathered through the survey in an appendix to the survey.
- Identify where the fear of crime is the highest and where it is the lowest in your survey.
- Explain to what do you attribute the variation (or lack of variation) in the fear of crime exhibited in your sample.
- Identify the questions you would word differently.
- Identify the questions you would add to or drop from your survey if you were to replicate your study.
- Explain the limitations of your research.
- Discuss the applicability of your findings outside of your 5 person sample.
Name your document SU_MCJ5100_W3_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc. Submit your document to theSubmissions Areabythe due date assigned.Cite sources in APA format on a separate page.