The Color-Line, Part 2
Now it’s time to finish writing your essay from Week 01 and turn it in. Remember, your essay is based on your introduction, thesis, and outline that you turned in last week.
Follow these Steps Now
- Go back to the outline you submitted for Week 01. Is it sound? Revise it to fit your needs. Implement any feedback from your instructor.
- Revise and polish your introduction and thesis statement if necessary. Make sure your topic sentences and the information included in the rest of your body paragraphs are supporting what you argue in the thesis.
- Write your three body paragraphs. Remember that each body paragraph needs a topic sentence, several supporting sentences, and a transitional sentence that leads to the next paragraph.
- Wrap up all ideas in your conclusion. Remind us of your argument, and leave us with a memorable thought or idea to ponder after we are done reading your essay.
- Revise, edit and proofread carefully.
Submit your completed assignment to the drop box below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.doc” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: