The command staff has approached you regarding how best to distribute resources in order to curtail crime in various Districts.
- Go to the Chicago crime map (https://clearmap-chicagopd.hub.arcgis.com/).
- Click on the “Explore” button for the “Crime Summary by Police District” crime map. Click on the “30-day” tab at the top of the page just beneath the title: Crime Summary by Police District.
- Select a district from the “Police Districts All Crime” column on the left side of the screen. When you click on your selected district, a list of all the crimes reported in that district appears over the map.
- Select 4 different types of crimes that were reported in that district and record the number of their occurrences.
- Select 3 other districts in different parts of the city and record the number of occurrences of the same four crimes as you selected in your first district. You will now have data on 4 types of crime which occurred in 4 different districts.
- From that data for each “District”, compare the Districts, and determine the highest frequency of each of the four types of crimes in each District. Create a chart or a bar graph to compile this data.
- Create a Memo with the chart embedded, to the command staff that summarizes the analysis of your findings regarding the comparison of the various types of crimes in the four Districts. In the memo, explain to the command staff everything that he might need to know to make the best decision. Support your analysis with research.
Be sure to cite three to five relevant scholarly sources in support of your content. Use only sources provided in resources, found in the GCU Library, or government websites.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a scoring guide. Please review the scoring guide prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Materials if you need assistance.