This case presents a behavior problem in light of potential downsizing.
For this Discussion:
· Read “Incident: Motivating and Maintaining Morale During Downsizing” on p. 273 of Nkomo, Fottler, and McAfee.
· Select two of the following five possible solutions on which to conduct research:
o Coaching and counseling for behavior modification
o Training for new skills
· Research and evaluate each of the solutions you chose.
· Consider any assumptions you made about the case, in addition to the information presented, in order to evaluate the solutions.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 3 a 3- to 4-paragraph (at least 300 words) evaluation of the potential solutions you researched and a recommendation for a policy to handle similar situations.
In your evaluation include the strengths and weaknesses of both solutions. Also, include a description of any assumptions you made about the case when evaluating your solutions. Support your evaluation with proper citations from this week’s Learning Resources and at least two additional resources from the Walden Library or Internet.
Based on your evaluation, make a recommendation for policies the firm should have in place in the future.
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from the Learning Resources and any additional sources.
· Mathis, R. L., Jackson, J. H., & Valentine, S. R. (2014). Human resource management (14th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning [Vital Source e-reader].
o Chapter 8, “Training Human Resources” (pp. 258–291)
o Chapter 9, “Talent, Careers and Development” (pp. 292–331)
o Chapter 10, “Performance Management and Appraisal” (pp. 332–364)
· Nkomo, S. M., Fottler, M. D., & McAfee, R. B. (2011). Human resource management applications: Cases, exercises, incidents, and skill builders (7th ed.). Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning [Vital Source e-reader].