- Weight: 14% of course grade
- Grading Rubric
- Due: Tuesday, 05/11/2021 11:59 PM (CST)
InstructionsIn this unit, you will submit your final research paper. The research paper must be at least four pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages.The research paper should determine your organizational tactical response to a weapon of mass destruction (WMD) terrorism event at a specific location selected by you. You must select your level of government involvement and the various cooperating agencies that might assist you (local, state, tribal, or federal).Your final research paper should consist of the components listed below.
- Present a thorough description of a specific type of WMD threat at your selected event. Determine an incident location in your own city, tribe, or state.
- Describe the demographics of the affected population, and list possible casualties based on the type of WMD selected.
- Detail your likely operational emergency medical response, homeland security response, and recovery outcomes.
- Choose a terrorist organization to use for your scenario. Describe the terrorist organization most likely responsible for the WMD incident at your chosen location. Discuss background information about the organization. Describe how the organization likely acquired the materials to create the WMD.
- Discuss the potential risks and threats posed by your selected WMD. Describe the development of the WMD, what technology it uses, and what laws regulate materials used in the WMD.
- Discuss all conceivable response operations at the level of government you have selected (local, state, tribal, or federal).
- Provide a description of the homeland security/emergency management organizations at all levels that you can coordinate with via the Incident Command System (ICS).
In addition to the required components, you must include an introduction and a summary of your findings in your paper. The introduction should provide a thesis statement and a brief overview of the research paper topic that was submitted and approved by the instructor in Unit II. The summary should provide the results of your findings and solutions based on research and best practices.You must include at least five scholarly sources, three of which must come from the CSU Online Library. Adhere to APA Style when constructing this assignment, including in-text citations and references for all sources that are used. Please note that no abstract is needed.