- How does the Internet of Things (IoT) affect the way you live? Discuss a specific example.
Computer essentials 75 words
- Backing up data on a home computer is essential. Do you back up everything on your computer, such as applications, data files, documents, music, and photos? Do you think the procedures that you use are good enough? Have you learned any life lessons from not backing up your system? Why do you think people do not back up their systems? Computer essentials 75 words
- You now know that you will be engaged in a research project for the rest of this course. Your investment in the outcome of the project often has a good deal of reliance upon the topic about which you choose to write. The more interest you have in your topic, the more you will be driven to learn more about it and to write about it so you want to choose a topic that will hold your interest as you learn about the process of writing a research paper.
Use some of the following questions to help shape a reflection about the topic you are considering for your research paper.
Think about some of your favorite subjects. What interests you the most? What ideas do you have about a topic? You may want to mention and then briefly explain three ideas that you have, pointing out the topic idea that is most appealing to you.
What thoughts do you have about the topic right now (prior to researching it)? What do you expect to find when you research the topic? What do you hope to learn about? What are some of your assumptions right now? English Comp 75 words
- You are now engaged in a research project! This can be a very exciting and intimidating process, but you have a great support network to help you.
Take just a moment to think about something you have researched in the past, and describe what that experience was like. What did you research? What were your reasons for researching it? What did you find out about the topic and about yourself? Did you find yourself seeking out primary or secondary sources? What kinds of sources did you use? How did you choose your topic, and what was the result of your research?
Feel free to choose any experience. You do not have to limit yourself to an academic research topic. You might reflect upon research that you did for your job, or you might want to reflect upon a time that you researched a large purchase, such as a new computer or a car. English Comp 75 words
- Describe your home or office computer setup to include all peripheral equipment, networks, and the Internet or intranet. Be sure to describe all input, output, and storage devices. Computer essentials 200 words
- There is growing concern about poverty and income inequality. These two concepts, however, are not the same. Income inequality deals with the percentage of income earned by the different income groups, while poverty is concerned with how difficult it is for the poor to meet basic needs. In Section 1.4, you read about deontological and consequential approaches to ethics. Using those approaches, evaluate how well free market systems versus government intervention in markets address poverty and income inequality. Include in your discussion an explanation of how people in a free market economy, acting in their own self-interest, can better those around them. Economics for management 100 words with in-text citations and reference.
- This unit’s readings included information on pricing. You are introduced to the shutdown price, using elasticity to determine the effects of price changes, and cost-based pricing. Discuss the importance of considering elasticity in pricing decisions and the danger of relying solely on costs. Economics for management 100 words with in-text citations and reference.