Weapons of Mass Destruction
For this activity, you are asked to prepare a reflection paper. After you finish reviewing the Unit VIII Required Unit Resources, reflect on the concepts from this unit as well as the rest of the course. What do you understand completely? What did not quite make sense? The purpose of this assignment is to provide you with the opportunity to reflect on the material you have read and to expand on it. This is not a summary. A reflection paper is an opportunity for you to express your thoughts about the material you are studying by writing about it. Reflection writing is a great way to study because it gives you a chance to process what you have learned and increases your ability to remember it.Use the guidelines below as you reflect on the course material.
- What are your thoughts about the main topics?
- How can terrorism and weapons of mass destruction (WMDs) impact all aspects of society?
- What are the threats of international terrorist groups and the ramifications of using WMDs in relation to hard and soft targets?
- The use of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS) during domestic terrorism events is critical. Do you think these systems can handle large-scale events?
- Natural disasters often show us breakdowns in preparedness and response, such as the personal protective equipment (PPE) shortages in the early stages of COVID-19. How can we learn from these events and better prepare for possible terrorist events?
Your paper must be at least two pages in length. Since this is a reflection paper, no outside sources are required. If outside sources are used, please adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment.