Weapons of Mass Destruction
1:Unit II Research Paper TopicFor the first stage of this culminating project, you will need to compose a research topic by selecting a traditional, public, large-scale event in your local area where a WMD could present a persistent threat to the attending public. Describe the type of WMD attack you will use for your scenario. In addition, provide demographic information about your city/community where the scenario is based as well as information about the public event targeted by the WMD. For instance, if you are in a small community and the targeted event is the county fair, you should provide the following information: population information for the community where the fair takes place, what the average attendance numbers are, what system of government is used in the community, what agencies respond to events in that area, who is responsible for security at the fair, what the trauma centers are like in your community (e.g., how far is the closest level-1 trauma center), and what state or federal agencies with which you would coordinate. The same type of information would apply to an event in a metropolitan area.
This assignment should be at least one page in length and utilize at least two resources from the CSU Online Library. Adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment.
2:Create a research paper outline for the research topic above. Your outline should include the information listed below.
- Provide an introduction with your thesis statement.
- Outline the location and demographics of the affected population.
- List the likely agencies that would respond.
- Provide basic information and main ideas about the terrorist organization in your scenario.
- Give supporting evidence of the information that you have discovered thus far in researching your selected weapon of mass destruction (WMD).
- Describe which homeland security/emergency management agencies would coordinate a response to an attack.
Your outline must be at least two pages in length. Use complete sentences for all headings and subheadings in your outline, which will help you complete your final draft in Unit VII. Include at least four outside sources in your outline, two of which must come from the CSU Online Library. Adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment.