1. Organization structure contains three components; it designates formal reporting relationships, identifies the grouping of individuals into departments, and it includes the design of systems to ensure effective communication, coordination, and integration of efforts across departments. Yes, it does appear on the organization chart because it is the only way to see the structure of an organization.
6. As a manager, to create an organization with a high degree of relational coordination I would train people how to interact with each other and resolve cross functional conflicts and foster relationships based on shared goals.
7. The conditions that have to be present before an organization should adopt a matrix structure are when the organization finds that the functional, divisional, and geographic structures combined with horizontal linkage mechanisms will not work.
9. Companies utilizing a horizontal structure have cultures that emphasize openness, employee empowerment, and responsibility because employees have easy access to one another so they can communicate and coordinate their efforts.
3. If I was in the position of the small firm the actions I would take to succeed would be to exert control over external resources in order to minimize dependence. From the perspective of a large firm, I would pressure smaller companies for deals or lower prices.
4.I think it is easier for companies to operate as partners rather than adversaries. This forces the companies to work together to form a solution to a problem that would be beneficial for both companies. It forms a relationship more so based on trust rather than being enemies.
7. The process of variation, selection, and retention might explain innovations that take place within a workplace because a company needs to find a way to survive with the changing times. Sometimes rarely a place finds a successful niche and survives but not often.
8. Yes, I believe legitimacy motivates a large powerful organization to increase their competitive advantage. Acceptance from other people is a motivation as well because it helps build a good reputation and keeps people returning and bringing their friends with them the next time because they were so satisfied with their prior experience.
Daft, R. L. (2016). Organization theory & design (12th ed.). Hampshire, United Kingdom: Cengage Learning EMEA.
M, E. (2011, October 12). Difference Between Adversial and Partnership Relationship in Business. Retrieved July 10, 2018, from http://www.differencebetween.net/business/difference-between-adversarial-and-partnership-relationship-in-business/
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more